Endnotes: The Next Big Thing? The TPP & Latin America
Below are the endnotes from "The Next Big Thing?" by Barbara Kotschwar and Jeffrey J. Schott (Spring 2013 AQ).
- APEC Members include Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, the United States, and Vietnam. Vietnam was the most recent member to join in 1998.
- ASEAN members are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- The Pacific Alliance was launched through the Lima Declaration on April 11, 2011 and established through the Paranal Declaration of June 6, 2012, in Antofagasta, Chile.
- To date, the four current members are moving toward the free movement of goods and services. All members plan to drop visa requirements within the bloc. Chile, Colombia and Peru have already linked their stock exchanges in the form of the Mercado Integrado Latinoamericano (MILA). Mexico has announced that it will join this initiative in 2014.
- Current ISA participants are Australia, Canada, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, Costa Rica, the European Union, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, South Korea, Switzerland, and Turkey. These account for about 70 percent of world services trade. More countries are expected to join.
NOW ON AS/COA ONLINE
- May 26, 2016
- May 25, 2016
- May 23, 2016
- May 18, 2016
- May 17, 2016