Below are the endnotes from “The Next Step: Latin America’s Growing Economies” by Alejandro M. Werner and Oya Celasun (Spring 2013 AQ).
- “Economic Mobility and the Rise of the Latin American Middle Class,” 2012 Flagship Report, Office of the Chief Economist for Latin America and the Caribbean, World Bank.
- Gustavo Adler and Nicolas Magud, “Saving the Terms of Trade Windfall: A Metric,” IMF working paper. The authors quantify the income effect arising from terms-of-trade increases—windfall income—by estimating the increase in export revenues attributable to the increase in export prices.
- Evridiki Tsounta and Sebastian Sosa, “Can the Growth Momentum in Latin America and the Caribbean Be Sustained?,” IMF Report.
- “Skills for the 21st Century in Latin America and the Caribbean,” 2012 Regional Study, Office of the Chief Economist for Latin America and the Caribbean, World Bank.
- Cesar Calderon and Luis Serven, “Infrastructure in Latin America,” World Bank Policy Research Working Paper, No. 5317 (2010).
- James P. Walsh and Jiangyan Yu, “Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral and Institutional Approach,” IMF Working Paper No. 10/187 (2010).