Americas Quarterly Intern – Fall
Americas Quarterly (AQ) is the premier publication on politics, business, and culture in Latin America. AQ is an independent publication of Americas Society/Council of the Americas, based in New York City. The paid internship at Americas Quarterly is an opportunity to participate in all aspects of producing a respected and influential publication on Latin American politics and economics. We are looking for a journalist or policy expert who is able to effectively multitask and brings a deep knowledge of Latin America to the table.
- Research for AQ’s website, print magazine and related projects.
- Assist with administrative tasks including organization of virtual and in-person events.
- Help generate ideas for AQ’s digital and print editions.
- Work with AS/COA’s policy research.
- Conceive and write articles for AQ.
- Graduate students or recent graduates in journalism, economics, international studies, or related fields; or bachelor’s in the same with one to three years of relevant experience
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- Knowledgeable and interested in Latin American history, politics, culture, and economics.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Professional familiarity with WordPress and social media tools (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
The internship will be up to 28 hours a week, from September 18 to December 21, 2023. This internship may be extended. This is a paid internship, and compensation is $20 per hour. Our employees are currently working partially remotely, alternating between office and home office. All staff at Americas Society is required to be vaccinated and boosted. Application submission deadline is August 20.
Americas Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status. Please email cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample on a recent event in Latin America to Brian Winter at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Please note availability in your cover letter and include “Americas Quarterly Editorial Internship” in the subject line of your email.